- How to decrease your Expired Revenue Rate
Expired Revenue is revenue from requests that were neither awarded nor denied. This means a guest was willing to spend more money at your property, but nobody actioned the request. To avoid any Expired Revenue, here are some tips:
- Make sure there is someone at your hotel every day to action any requests
- Create a sense of accountability- decide on 2-3 award managers that mainly manage the requests
- Check the queue at least 2-3 days in advance to award requests in the Upsell Manager.
- For any pending requests, Nor1 will send you a reminder on the day of arrival. Don’t wait for these reminders, but proactively award guests beforehand.
- Add the checking of the queue to the daily front office shift checklists, so that the team keeps the Upsell Manager in their mind.
- If you use Opera and have the Nor1 OXI, turn-on automatic awarding to allow the system’s advanced functionality to maximize awarded revenue and reduce expired revenue on an automated basis.