Auto awarding uses real time inventory availability* to automatically pre-fulfill upgrade requests and make the associated changes to the PMS.
- Automatically pre-fulfill eStandby requests using real time inventory availability
- Pre-awarding begins 3 days prior to arrival, for room categories with available inventory count.
- Automatically denial of unavailable room upgrades requests on day of arrival
- eStandby program policy stays intact - meaning guests are NOT notified of award status and hotel retains flexibility of deciding what to do with their hotel inventory until guest CheckIn.
- Increase revenue by awarding more guest requests
- Save operational costs by reducing time needed to manage awarding
- Eliminate expired revenue, which will increase guest satisfaction
By optimizing the eStandby awarding process with the use of Auto-Awarding, properties can achieve a 20%+ increase in awarded revenue and reduce daily administrative time by 75%+.
Detailed Functionality of Auto Award
- Turned off by default, Add-ons can be included for auto-award at 100% unless there are inventory constraints
- Manually awarded upgrades are not affected
- Fixed charges/packages, room type changes, and comments are automatically inserted into the reservation record in the PMS
- Non-Inventory Available requests will be auto denied on day of arrival.
- Auto Award upgrade details are available in reporting
How Does It Work?
Auto Awarding applies a revenue centric approach to maximizing the value of each guest request, to allow your property to honor as many guest requests as possible.
- Highest value upgrade requests are awarded first.
- “Recycle” freed-up inventories to award lower room types (+1 for booked room & -1 for consumed room).
- If a guest has requested multiple room upgrades, the highest value room is awarded.
- eStandby suggests which guest requests should be auto awarded without manual intervention, but the Award Manager can expedite awarding by clicking on the ‘Smart Award’ button.
How Do I Set Up Auto Awarding?
Auto-awarding is part of the default configuration and in many cases will already be active!
To ensure the functionality is on: If your hotel has OXI 2 way integration, go to Upsell Action Center / Smart Award configuration and confirm its enabled (image below):
The Smart Award calculation will be visible in the Guest Oriented View.
If you can’t see the information above or have any questions, please get in touch with us.